Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Trials and Tribulations of Text Messaging

I'm a little behind on blogging this week, so bear with me :)

Last Thursday, I met my boss for the first time, and needless to say, she is probably one of the most driven, passionate, and talented individuals you will ever meet. Her list of credentials range from Goldman to Huntsman to Stanford to Doctors Without Borders.

We decided to touch base briefly on Thursday between her meetings in the area. We agreed to meet at 11:45 at the Regent Hotel. Upon arriving, I received a text from her:

"Meeting places have been switched. Sorry about the inconvenience. Could we meet at the Hyatt?"

Knowing how crazy a packed schedule can be, I was perfectly fine with taking a cab to the Hyatt Hotel. So I text messaged back:

"Sure thing. What's the address?"

I probably shouldn't have asked, because I simply just got in a cab and told the cab driver to take me to the Hyatt. I arrive at the Hyatt, wait around for a few minutes, and just as I was about to let her know I arrived, I receive another text message:

"Don't worry about it then. I came back to the Regent Hotel. Meet me in 5."

GAH. !@#$@#$#$&*#$#$&#*$&#*$)#(&@($.

I finally dial her number and we talk in real time. Being the nice intern that I am, I offer to go back to the Regent Hotel.

Oi. Why must these things always happen to me?

2 comments:

  1. Because you are the little intern, dear Cathrine.
    Earlier this week I drove an hour to a factory, only to discover we had miscommunicated about the meaning of 'weld test,' so I spent 10 minutes there, and drove back empty handed....
    Nature of being the young intern. Gotta take your punches and keep rolling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwe Catherine! You're so nice haha I hope all is well in Singapore and update your blog woman!

    ReplyDelete